Monday, December 26, 2011

The Gifts

This morning I was thinking about how my grandchildren are always so excited to open their gifts at Christmas. Every day that they come down here, they look to see if any new presents have been added, how many each of them have, and who has the biggest one....

Every year I have them make me a list of what they would like to have and I see to it that they get what they asked for. It makes me so happy to see their smiling faces when they finally get to open them! The joy of surprise that lights up their faces is priceless.

This morning as I was reliving the memory of this Christmas, a thought came to me.
Why aren't we like little children when it comes to God and His gifts for us? Why aren't we waiting expectantly for OUR gifts? If we have asked, why aren't we expecting to receive?

The simple answer is faith. My grandkids KNOW that whatever they ask us for, we will get it for them. They KNOW that we love them enough to go all over town looking for what they wanted. So, if we love them that much....just think of how much MORE God loves US. Our human minds cannot even begin to comprehend the LOVE OF GOD.

Our heavenly Father is the creator of love. And His love knows no bounds. And anything that we ask Him for, we should by all means expect to receive it. When we go boldly to the throne, we should in our hearts say "It is done." And be just like a little child, waiting expectantly to receive it.

Faith is not believing God can do it. It is KNOWING that He will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment